To: "MWcybercourse" <MWcybercourse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Mosquito or no-see-em?
From: "mike sandy" <mjsandy@xxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 21:42:43 +0100

Wendy wrote:
>>It is very interesting what we can figure out when we put several heads
>>together!

Here's another version.
I've reduced the display somewhat. The mosquito image has been centrallised in
its
square. WHEN has been replaced by IF.

The fluctuations in the path are determined by the proximity of the prey.
The instruction:
if :d > :dmax[make "dmax :d] is to correct some odd behaviour that would
otherwise
result when the mosquito starts off very close to the box with the prey deep
inside.

I've assumed that the insect hugs the obstacle boundary, when following the
scent.

The mosquito occaisonally shows macro tunnelling behaviour!

Mike