To: MWcybercourse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Re: Dolls - recursion
From: "Daniel Ajoy" <dajoy@xxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 00:04:34 -0500

On 19 Dec 2001 at 21:59, mike sandy wrote:

> A more flexible general proc to replace glide is:
>
> to travel :dist
> let[sgn :dist / abs :dist
> spd :sgn * speed * .01]
> repeat :dist / :spd[fd :spd]
> end
>
> which will now cope with negative distances.
> Mike

Or, if the slider goes from 1 to 10, this:

to travel :distance
let [sgn ifelse 0 < :distance [1][-1]
spd :sgn / (11 - speed)]
repeat :distance / :spd [fd :spd]
end

I almost did not understand that the
signs of :distance and :spd in:

:distance / :spd

cancel out.

Attached is my corrected nestingDollsShow.mw2

Some other example which shows embedded recursion in an easy
way?