To: MWcybercourse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Game of Life
From: Bob Gorman <bgorman@xxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:50:18 -0500

At 09:56 AM 1/31/2002, you wrote:
I have a student who is trying to create a game of life in Logo. She has a grid down (8x8 for starters) and can mark the squares black or white to begin. Does anyone know a way she can scan the first row in groups of three and then choose an instruction on the basis of the result mark the second row according to a set of rules.
Did I ask that question so that it is coherent? Let me try again.

Anyone done this before or have any ideas?

Attached is a collection of source files for "Life" in a variety of languages, plus my early notes on trying to build a cross language translator. There a wide variety techniques to accomplish the same task, a point I like to make with my students.

Bob

Knowledge is NOT enough!
Knowledge + Confidence enables Action.
Vision + Action = Leadership!