To: <MWcybercourse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Mandelbrot Music Generator
From: "Wendy Petti" <wpetti@xxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 01:07:44 -0500

Hi Folks,

I've just been exploring a site which has information on turning
Mandelbrot Sets into music. I don't really "get it," but it
fascinates me. The site includes quite a lot of music produced
this way, along with a free downloadable program to generate the
music. As I was exploring the site, I was wondering if any of
you might be able to create a MicroWorlds program utilizing the
tone-generating capabilities of MicroWorlds to produce Mandelbrot
music. If you can do this, or help me to get started, please
share! I think it would be very cool to give the user some
control over the process, so that some values can be changed with
sliders to produce different Mandelbrot music.

Also, the site I've been exploring is written in a way which I
find difficult to comprehend, and if any of you can explain in
simple terms the basic concept of Mandelbrot sets and turning
them into music, I would really appreciate it.

Here's the URL:

http://www.fin.ne.jp/~yokubota/mandele.shtml

Wendy