Subject: to advance the turtle
From: mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jacques Mathil)
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 16:51:08 +0100

Hi Azim,
Here is another example on how to control turtle with keyboard. It is based
on the parallelism of processes.
If  I remind, the trick for scaning the keyboard (readchar) was explained by
Wendy a time ago, and could be extended to other keys. I dont know if ascii
codes for specials characters (b.e. arrows)  are the sames on US QWERTY  as
on Swiss QWERTZ keyboards. (verify with command "show ascii readchar")
In my example, I didnt use a right-click on the turtle to animate it but I
used the "setinstruction " command. This is not necessary, but I wanted this
example to run with both english and french versions in the same file. ( I
put french version if french people or "quebequois" are on this forum) (I
don't know italian, just avanti,  basta, mama & saluti !)
You could at the same time launch some others processes (detecting
collisions with other turtles, bouncing against a colored wall, and so
on...). Some of my students have designed games using these technics. Some
day I could post them here but I have to translate them.
Regards,

Jacques Mathil
Geneva, Switzerland
mathil-j@xxxxxxxxxx