Subject: Turtle Peg Game
From: mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 11:59:38 US/Eastern

Hi Forum Members

This is the first phone-internet connection with upload/download capability
that I've had in many weeks. I'm still snowbirding in an RV with a laptop.
Since I started traveling, I've been unable to motivate my grandson (back
home)
with his MicroWorld. That will have to wait till I get back.

To keep my own brain cells active (and improve my MicroWorlds skills)  I just
finished writing a MicroWorlds version of a Peg Board Game that I saw at a
CrackerBarrel restaurant. (Every image I see I wonder, ...... can I do that
with my Turtle? ... I've become a Turtle Logo addict ... )

The game I saw, consisted of a small triangular peg board with 15 holes and 14
pegs. Where the Object is  -- jump and remove pegs until only one is peg left.
Get down to one peg left , you're consided a genius ... don't know about that!

But the implementation of the game was an interesting challenge!

I used a click-click technique as opposed to a drag-and-drop technique to move
a peg.

I noticed 2 problems with MicroWorlds (I'm using MicroWorlds Pro Version 1.0):

1. Why does the bottom frame of the Announcement Window cut thru the middle of
the Stop & OK buttons?  (is this a minor bug in MicroWorlds?)

2. Is Exit from MWPro programmable some way? Can't find a procedural Exit
Command.
    I searched the help file, but couldn't find one. (tried BYE, FINI, EXIT,
GOOD-BYE, ESCAPE .... SAYANARA ...etc.?).
    I'd like to have an (Exit) Button in a Project so a user can Exit MWPro
while in "Presentation Mode". (I don't want the user to have to press Esc >
File > Exit).

See attachment ... turtle-peg-game-01.mw2

Regards
J.