Subject: RE: ANNOUNCE panel vs textbox
From: mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Wendy Petti)
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 19:35:21 -0400

I do not think the announce box can be closed under program control.
But I'd like to suggest that if you demonstrate a way for textboxes to
be cute and fun then your students might gravitate toward them instead
of toward announce boxes.  I attach a sample project called
"thought_bubble" in which, when two flying creatures bump into each
other, a random "thought" written in a random color appears briefly
inside of a thought bubble right over the creature's heads.  I think
that's much more interesting than an announcement!

Wendy Petti
OWL's MicroWorlds in Action
http://mia.openworldlearning.org
Math Cats