Subject: re: difficulty emailing projects
From: mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jeff Knope)
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:33:56 -0700

Wendy,

Thank you for your prompt response.  I've forwarded your suggestions to my
son.  We'll have to wait a bit to see how he does with it.

I appreciate your offer to massage the project for him, but my larger purpose
is to learn how to use MW Pro (which is what both of us have) as a medium for
exchanging ideas with him.  So unless you want to be frequently bothered with
it, it'll be better if we can figure this out.  Maybe in the process we'll be
able to pin down why it works for some and not others.

I am attaching the project anyway, partly to confirm that some are able to
receive it, and partly because it may be of interest to some in the forum.

It is a solution to the problem of creating "layers" of images that can be
layed over each other without completely obliterating the images below.  The
description in the textbox of how to do it is really just a note to myself so
I won't forget how it's done.  If anyone is interested and needs more detailed
explanations, just ask.

I've been able (in MW Pro) to get my GPS receiver to draw accurately on a map.
 That, combined with this ability to make layers, promises interesting uses in
geography or biology or ecology studies.  The base maps are free downloads of
USGS maps at www.MapTech.com.  The base map in the attached project has been
run through an image processor to bleach the color out of it and soften it, so
it visually receeds into the background.

-Jeff