Subject: (Fwd) triangle factory
From: mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Daniel Ajoy)
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 19:39:18 -0500

Hi everyone,

I sent this info (and project) to Jean offlist but I thought others might
also be interested in the technique.

From:           	Daniel Ajoy <dajoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:             	"Jean Stringer" <sjbjeanmarie@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject:        	Re: MIA, Ask an Expert Question
Copies to:      	Wendy Petti <wpetti@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date sent:      	Sun, 16 May 2004 10:02:39 -0500

> date: Sun, 16 May 2004 7:25:47 -0600
>
> When I have the turtle shape I can make him change colors several ways.
> repeat 5 [ setc  1  wait 5 setc 2 wait 5]
>
> 0r a dolist
>
> However only the turtle shape will change colors for me.
> If I draw a shape {a square or triangle or circle} and want
> it to change colors I can't make it happen.   I have tried
> empty shapes and filled shapes. Neither will change color.
> Is there a way to change the colors of shapes you
> create?
>
> I would like to create polygons and have them change colors ????????
>
> Thank you!
>    Jean

Hi Jean,

What I would do is make a triangle_shapes_factory procedure
that creates many polygon shapes with different colors. Then,
I would use those different-colored shapes.

I'm attaching a project that exemplifies what I mean. Notice
how, at the beginning, shapes 1 through 6 are empty, but
after you use the triangle_shapes_factory button all of them
have triangle shapes.