Subject: Help with Conditionals
From: mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Shannell M. Jackson)
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 09:44:03 -0500

Thanks for all the suggestions Wendy, Jeff and Susan.

I am going to take Wendy's advice and attach two example projects; one
that I have been working on and another that belongs to a student.  I
have figured out a work around for the stop command.

I have told the turtle

if touching? "t1 "t11 [t1, clickon announce [Click on any orange to see
its speed.] stopall]

This works but leaves a gap between the other girls and their oranges.
I wanted the oranges to stop when they reached their corresponding girl
and clickon their text of the speed.

My students and I are also experiencing a problem with and error that "
fd does not like [] as input" from the moving_oranges or the testing
velocity procedure.  Any suggestions?  These errors will not allow the
project to run in presentation mode now.

Overview from a student point of view of the river trip

when we went to the river we wanted to see the physical qualities of the
river. So we tested turbidity, depth, width, velocity, and flow rate.
the turbidity was tested using a turbidity tube, depth with a meter
stick, width with measuring tape, velocity with oranges, and flow rate
using the calculations we had already had. I had only one problem with
MicroWorlds. My oranges wouldn't stop when I wanted them too. I still
haven't figured out why they won't stop. My project shows the velocity
test using the oranges.
--
Brandle B
YWLCS Student