Subject: Pong Game
From: mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Chris Myers)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 10:33:57 -0600

Dear MW Forum,

All the teachers at OpenWorld Learning (OWL) are required to do a
MicroWorlds project every two weeks.  I'm trying to lead by example and
could use a little help to improve my project.  For those of you who are
interested in learning more about OpenWorld Learning's MicroWorlds based
after-school and summer program, you can go to our web site at
www.openworldlearning.org <http://www.openworldlearning.org/>

I am trying to make a Pong Game and have attached my first attempt.  I'm
struck by the fact that when the ball hits the black border surrounding
the screen it doesn't always bounce back the way I want it to.  It seems
sometimes it gets stuck in the black and bounces back at odd angles.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Also, does anyone have a suggestion on how I can get the ball to bounce
upwards when it's hit by an upward moving paddle and downwards when it's
hit by a downward moving paddle?

Also, is there anywhere on the Internet where one can see a real pong
game (without the underlying code).  I'd like mine to be as much like
the original pong as possible, but I'd rather figure it out, possibly
with a little help from you guys, rather than to simply read someone
else's code.

Many thanks!

Chris

Christopher Myers