Subject: changing text with a button
From: mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Wendy Petti)
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:52:10 -0400

Attached is a corrected version of my solution to changing text with a
button (called "changetext-Wendy2").  (My original message seems to be
floating in cyberspace as I send this correction.  The original did not
start over properly after reaching the end of the story.)  Below is the
message I tried to send over an hour ago.

* * * * *

Here is another solution demonstrating how an animated story can unfold all
on one page with one textbox and one button.  (The attachment is
"changetext-Wendy")  I had a lot of fun making this silly demo.  I hope it
suggests that really anything can be done with one page... you could animate
a number of characters, hide and show them as needed, even load different
backgrounds with the LOADPICT command (if used offline, not with an online
project... but you could even change backgrounds online if you have each
background stored in a large shape - the same size as the project - which
could be stamped).  I used FREEZEBG to preserve my original background so
that I could return to it when desired.

Wendy

Wendy Petti
OpenWorld Learning's MicroWorlds in Action
http://mia.openworldlearning.org