Subject: KO's changing, scrolling text
From: mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jeff Knope)
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 10:53:39 -0700

Hi KO -

You wrote:

Actually, I'm confused. Can you send me an example of
what you're talking about... like a Microworlds
project that does just that?

I assume by "just that" you are referring to my reference to being able do the
work "off-stage" to make a seamless appearance. The attached project shows how
to do that.

The first key to doing this is when MW is first loaded, before you do anything
else, you issue a newprojectsize [x y] command from command center. Give the
project size greater than the display area. In this case, I used [744 700].
This gives an the "off-stage" space to work in. If you use the vertical scroll
bar you will discover a textbox hidden under the command center. We can issue
commands to this textbox for it to become opaque so we can write in it, then
become transparent so we can stamp it, etc., all under program control (in to
change.text).

Then the snaparea command is used to move the stamped text to the shapetable
position that is being used by the scrolling turtle, thus changing the content
of the scrolling text.

I have no idea the context of your questions. I've used a question box to
provide a source for the revised text. But of course, you may get the new text
from any source that suits your purposes.

Hope this helps...

Good Luck, --Jeff