Subject: New Subject!!!
From: mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jeff Knope)
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:09:15 -0700

Yesterday I got a pop-up bubble advising me that a new Windows update was
ready to be installed. As always, I initiated it. I was surprised to see that
it said it was installing SP-2 (service pack 2), since that's what I already
have. It was a huge undertaking, taking over a half hour on my rural dial-up.

Now, several things are working differently. Chief among them is it will no
longer allow me to open projects that are attached to forum emails. Before, it
asked me if I wanted to select the program from a list. If that option was
selected, it produced a list of choices with MW2 highlighted.

Now, it gives me this:

Sure enough, Control Panel has a section "Folder Options." When I open that
I'm confronted with a series of dialog boxes of which I can make no sense
whatever.

Does anybody know what this is about, and how to deal with it?

--Jeff