Subject: Reasons for using MWP/this service.
From: mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Adrian Borg)
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:53:59 +1100

1) What is your background in learning or teaching MicroWorlds?

Well At my school I was taught MWP for IT, but when the coarse ended I wanted to continue making programs and games, so I purchased MWP through my school and ive been using it ever since. I like making programs but I'm yet to learn all the commands so I have a limit to what I can do. I've pretty much taught myself.

2) What do you like best about MicroWorlds?  What do you find
difficult or frustrating?

My favorite feature of MWP has been the Vocabulary help. Its easy to make a program because if you get stuck you can use the help. I also like the X and Y functions and the program let (key: readchar) for interaction through the keyboard, I used a simple program to find all the Ascii key relations so I'll attctch the file for distribution among other programers. The only thing I find frustrating is fully learning the language, sometimes if I need to make a change in seven or eight places in MWP programs, I use Find, Replace in Microsoft Word, that is if its all the same replacement.

3) How do you hope this group can be helpful to you?

I hope that if I have a troubled program that this group can help me reach beyond my knowledge base and even extend that so I can be a better programer. I also like the idea of being able to interact with people like me and help others with their problems.

I certainly hope that I can help and be helped though this wonderful surface.

I Have attatched several of my programs and the ascii list to this e-mail.

SEEK: Now with over 50,000 dream jobs! Click here: http://ninemsn.seek.com.au?hotmail

1=shift+Ctrl+a
2=shift+Ctrl+b
3=shift+Ctrl+c