To: mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: file exchange problem
From: "Daniel Ajoy" <dajoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 19:27:43 -0500

Hi Jeff can you edit the binary file you receive? I've noticed
that files sent from Macs have extra characters at the beginning
of the file.

Attached are two pictures of how mwx files should look like
from the inside. One shows the hexadecimal codes. What I do
is leave 4 bytes before the "m" and remove everything before
that.

Daniel

On 12 May 2005 at 10:52, Jeff Knope wrote:

> Chuck Friesen has been trying to send me a project done in MW-EX.  I always
> get a "Invalid file
> type" error statement when I try to open them.
>
> 'Turns out:  "[He is] using MAIL on MAC OS X 10.3.9."  I'm on Windows XP sp
> 2 rig.
>
> ifelse Does this (or the fact the Project was done on a MAC) explain the
> difficulty we're having?
> [If so, does anybody know the workaround?]  [If not, does anybody have any
> idea what the problem
> might be?]
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff