To: mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ethan <kdude22@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MIA, Ask an Expert: space game
From: "Daniel Ajoy" <dajoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 15:14:01 -0500

> This is an automatic message sent from the web form at:
> http://mia.openworldlearning.org/howdoi.htm
>
> from: ethan <kdude22@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> date: Fri May 20 11:14:10 2005
>
> i am doing a space game. i have a ship that turns up, down,
> left, right, and i want the ship to shoot. but if i make a
> shape w. the ship and copy it and add bullets, i want the
> ship to shoot left if the ship is pointing left or up if
> its pointing up. ive been told this requires a "check"
> command. is this a primitive? i can send u my project if u
> want

There is no "check" primitive. There are many ways to
achive your goal.

Attached is a sample project of how I would do it.
It only works for left and right. And it only works
with buttons not with keyboard keys.

I use four shapes: l, r, lshoot and rshoot.

Daniel

OpenWorld Learning
http://www.openworldlearning.org