To: <mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: turtle image
From: "Jeff Knope" <jknope@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 14:59:36 -0700

I found the attached (with some text over it I've removed) at http://edtechoutreach.umd.edu/. I'm pretty sure I've seen this little guy elsewhere as well. While it may technically be the property of someone somewhere (not indicated), I find it inconceivable anyone would object to non-commercial classroom use.

Respecting the rights of others is important. So is offering a rich and high-quality program to students. I'm not a copyright attorney (nor any other kind). There exist "academic use" exceptions, permitting quoting, citing and reproduction of copyrighted materials. Maybe someone has access to a resource who can authoritatively clarify this.

In any event, where there is no profit to yourself, nor loss of sales to a copyright holder, where's the beef? Who would spend money to stop you? Carpe dia!

--Jeff