To: <mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Teaching
From: "Jeff Knope" <jknope@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:20:37 -0700

Hi Jim,

Well, I understand the whiff of skepticism I think I catch. That's just my point. People don't think of MicroWorlds as having these kinds of capabilities.

You may see BricelandGPS program description at http://www.asis.com/~jknope/gpsweb5.html. I should explain that I wrote this web page as part of an effort to learn HTML. This product is not in fact for sale at this time. The Order Forms, along with all the rest of it, were practice in creating these types of documents. However, the program does exist, and works exactly as described.

The best I can offer for the AIGenCAD program is the attached screen shot fragment. This screen shot is taken just at the final point of MicroWorlds' involvement with the production of this portion of the plans.

The user has told the program (via a dialog) that the building has 1 framed floor and 2 slabs, and what their elevations are. He has then input the perimeter shapes and sizes of these elements with a MicroWorlds CAD-like program designed to allow this.

At that point, MicroWorlds analyzes the geometry with rule-based algorithms that find the most economical distribution of piers and girder and joist spans, and generates the drawing shown. The user is invited to make adjustments as needed (at this point, the user knows some things about the building that MicroWorlds doesn't yet know, such as interior points where roof loads are coming down).

When satisfied, the user authorizes MicroWorlds to write a file readable by the CAD program. It is in the CAD program that the dimensioning and noting takes place (told to do those things by MicroWorlds).

This program is work under development, but again, it exists and does as I describe. My vision is to be able to produce an entire set of Working Drawings and Specifications in this manner.

--Jeff

----- Original Message ----- From: <jbonnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>