To: <mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: How to achieve 'sharpness' in graphics?
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 09:03:30 +1000

The Year 6 students at the school where I work will be investigating
Robotics next term .Since I endeavour to integrate Microworlds
challenges into the curriculum whenever I can, I thought I'd set the
kids the task of using turtles to simulate the movements of a robotic
arm.  I'm working on this task myself just to see how it might be done
but I've  struck an issue with the clarity of the graphics.  I edited a
picture of a robotic arm and separated it into its components - wrist,
arm, shoulder etc.  The idea is to have different turtles ' dressed' as
these components. I pasted the original graphic of the arm into several
'slots' in the  Shapes/'costume' tab . Then I edited the successive arms
to 'raise' them 10 degrees higher each time .  However, when I 'dressed'
a turtle in the arm and made a procedure to 'raise-arm' , as the turtle
puts on each successive arm-costume the clarity/sharpness of the outline
of the arm 'loses definition and the outline looks fuzzy . Does anyone
know of some way of overcoming this problem?  I'd very much appreciate
any advice.     Thanks in anticipation.
 Graham      . I've attached a demo file. <<robot.mw2>>