To: mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: How to achieve 'sharpness' in graphics?
From: "Daniel Ajoy" <dajoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 22:50:56 -0500

On 19 Aug 2005 at 9:03, GrahamWilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> However, when I 'dressed'
> a turtle in the arm and made a procedure to 'raise-arm' , as the turtle
> puts on each successive arm-costume the clarity/sharpness of the outline
> of the arm 'loses definition and the outline looks fuzzy . Does anyone
> know of some way of overcoming this problem?  I'd very much appreciate
> any advice.     Thanks in anticipation.

Hi,

Two ideas:

* I see that you reduced the size of the shapes after you created them.
If you start with a reduced initial image you get slightly better results.
Shapes attached.

* Use vector graphics instead of raster graphics. That is, use
turtle graphics instead of shape manipulation. Sample project attached.

Daniel

OpenWorld Learning
http://www.openworldlearning.org