To: <mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MIA, Ask an Expert: birds eye view game
From: "Jeff Knope" <jknope@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 12:03:58 -0700

Hi iamhappy,

The attached Project, "MovingSceneAnimation" shows some ways to do what you are asking.

There are a number of key concepts:

1. At the very start, I issued a "setprojectsize [1500 1500]"... this give you lots of room for a large scene.
2. The birdseye-view scene is actually a turtle, not background graphics. This is done by copying a large scene graphic into a shape location and then giving that shape to a turtle. So now, you can tell the "scene" turtle to move around, just like any other turtle.
3. The running boy does not move (his coordinates do not change); it is the scene turtle that is moving, making it look like he is running.
4. The ninja turtle moves with the scene, and at the same time does his own moving within the scene.

good luck,
Jeff

P.S.: I'm sorry I didn't put the shapes I used near the top of the shapes page. The scene is shape 69. The other shapes I used are near it.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ask an Expert - Question" <askanexpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>