To: mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, cute_little_jen_7@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: MIA, Ask an Expert: keeping a character throughout the whole game
From: "Daniel Ajoy" <dajoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 22:54:57 -0500

On 13 Nov 2005 at 9:02, Daniel Ajoy wrote:

> from: <cute_little_jen_7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> date: Sat Nov 12 04:30:07 2005
>
> I'm making a game and at the start and I know how to make a
> character but I don't know how to keep that character
> throughout the whole game. Can you tell me how?

Hi,

I think what you are asking is how to use the same turtle
(dressed up in a shape) in different pages.

Once you setup your turtle the way you want it in one page
(shape, heading and instruction) copy that turtle to the other
pages

Then, when your turtle finishes doing what it needs to do in
one page (stage of the game) clickoff on that turtle, then
move to the next page and clickon the corresponding turtle
in this new page.

For example, in the attached project when the horse
touches the black square the color "black" is programmed
in page1 to: clickoff t1 in page1, move to page2 and clickon
t1 in page2.

The color "black" in page2 is programmed to clickoff t1 in
page2, move to page3 and clickon t1 in page3.

The color "black" in page3 is programmed to clickoff t1 in
page3, move to page1 and clickon t1 in page1.

Daniel

OpenWorld Learning
http://www.openworldlearning.org