To: <mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Frogger
From: "Burke, Bridget -CKJH" <BRIDGETBU@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 13:00:11 -0800

This is common problem for students.

Here is what you need to remember -

Every time the turtle takes a step he needs to check to see if he is
touching another turtle.
There are many ways to do this, here is one of them.

This can go in the frog's backpack.

To check
Fd 1
If touching? "frogger "car1 [announce [you are squished]]
If touching? "frogger "car2 [announce [you are squished]]
End

I then put check in the onclick box.
Just remember this needs to happen forever.

So he takes one step and then he checks if he is touching anyone. This
is not pretty but it can work.

You can also program all the cars' backpacks, too.
Are you using backpacks?

Daniel's program is far more elegant than this one but it contains
variable which some of my students can not grasp at this stage.  It
actually works to my advantage that they go through all the coding. When
they do learn variables, they can go back to frogger and change the
program.

Like I said before, my website is a work in progress and I have lots to
learn.