To: <mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Send turtle to different positions???
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 07:46:39 +1100

Could someone please help me with the following challenge?

I have a student [working in Mworld Pro on Win XP ] who is trying to
set-up a project wherein at the click of a button the turtle goes to the
first  x-y  position given in a list of coordinates which are to be
stored in a textbox which will be hidden on the project page [ altho he
could just include them in the body of a procedure ]. Then , when the
button is clicked again the turtle will go to the second of the
positions listed in the text box  . At another click of the button the
turtle would go to the third listed position and so on....
I assume he has to get Microworlds to read, in sequence, the coordinates
listed in the hidden text-box and send this information to the turtle
but I'm not sure how to go about it !    Also, the student thought he
might go a step further and have the turtle go to positions selected at
random from the same list of co-ordinates listed in the hidden text-box.

 <<TURTLE_TO_DIFFERENT_POSITIONS.mw2>>    I'd very much appreciate it if
anyone could help me with this.  Also, does anyone know the title[s] of
any publication[s] currently in print and readily available which
teach/explain the conventions/syntax of programming in MWLogo - from
basic to more complex?   I'd love to have such a publication at my
finger-tips to be able to give immediate assistance to my students .

Many thanks .  Graham Williams