To: mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Changing direction and shape orientation
From: Chris Forkner <cforkner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 11:59:38 -0500

The discussion about constructivism and a previous question about changing shape and direction prompted me to design a simple MicroWorlds EX set of procedures that might serve as a scaffold for my students to build a game.

Let me know what you think. Have I build the entire "wall" or have I left enough for elementary students to take this and run with it. I'll test it out on Monday with 3rd graders and 6th graders.

Some of my 6th graders are easily inspired and are eager to make their own projects. Others will play with the samples forever. Sometimes the code in the sample isn't accessible enough for them. When they don't think they could do better, they are satisfied to play.

My horse simply wanders around the field. The code is at their level. I hope that students will think of ways to make a race, an adventure game or to put in random bloggers to set their turtles off course, set up a score text box.. etc. etc.

Christine Forkner HCES K-6