To: mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Logo Interactive Fiction Engine ( L.I.F.E. )
From: Chris Forkner <cforkner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 11:12:14 -0500

Ok. I'll take up the challenge

Here's a bit of an adventure.
It uses ifelse member? a lot and it also uses TTURTLE primitive which I just introduced to my students. They loved it. The trouble with adventures is that once you start on different branches, you can go crazy trying to keep track of everything. PLANNING .. writing the game out first seems to be essential..Few students want to do it . I give students a paper grid with iventory and ifelse boxes so they can outline game design elements such as if lamp is in the inventory the player sees the chest but if not in the inventory, the players falls down the stairs

There used to be a primitive like readchar which would read a list... It was good for having the player type TAKE LAMP (without the quotes take "lamp )
I've looked through help and cannot figure it out.

 Does anyone have suggestion for a revision to the TAKE procedure ?

Christine

Forum member wrote:

with ABC:

http://homepages.cwi.nl/~steven/abc/examples/adventure.html

The code looks a lot like MW, but then I'm not so
great at coding in Logo. -- Which brings me to my
point: would anybody be interested in translating that
example into Logo. I would love to tinker with
interactive adventures, but am no coder.

I know this is asking a lot, but somebody might be up
for the challenge: Logo Interactive Fiction Engine or L.I.F.E.