To: mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: dropdown
From: "Daniel Ajoy" <dajoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 15:00:22 -0500

On 14 Jan 2006 at 13:18, Chris Forkner wrote:

> Hi Forum,
> A student wanted to use the dropdown menu in programming mode to add
> a player's name to the dropdown list so the player could choose their
> own name if they were a returning player.
>
> I didn't know anything about the dropdown menu. I've experiment a bit
> now and I know that the items are listed and reference by number and
> I believe you must add them manually... not in procedure mode.
>
> I was thinking that a player could choose a role to play  or a topic
> for a quiz or in this example attached an animation to see.
> has anyone done some fun things with dropdown  objects?
>
> I couldn't find dropdown in the reference guide. How do we search for things?
>
> The internet wasn't helpful either.
>
> Christine Forkner

Hi,

You can set the content of the dropdown menu with:

set "animation "labels [bird dog elephant]

you can get the list of items in the dropdown menu with:

get "animation "labels

Attached is an example.

I got this information from the "set" entry in the
vocabulary tab in the Help. I only know it might be
there because I already new that "set" and "get" are
the usual ways to work with objects.

Daniel

OpenWorld Learning
http://www.openworldlearning.org