To: mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Minimize file's size
From: zehava wizman <zehavawi1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 20:54:26 -0800 (PST)

Hello Shawn!
  1.thanks for your quick reply,I tried to change some of the shapes, by
pressing  Double click  in the Shape center,and make it larger, but I it
didn't minimize the project.
  2. another problem, in the attached file, I want to set paramters of text,
by calling "change_text", and nothing happened to the text.
  The idea is that the bless  the user wish, will be shown like its written on
the turtle (wall in the project), and the textbox will be hidden.
  I tried it also with stamptext, and it's didn't work (trouble with
transparent/opaque)
  Is there a way that textbox will fit it's size to the text getting from
answer?
                       thanks , Zehava Wizman

Shawn Jesty <shawn@xxxxxxx> wrote:
  >Hello Forum!
>I have a project with many shapes brought with copy/paste from interenet.
>The file is going to be 11Mb,and I am afraid its going to it's max value.
>What is the best way to bring shapes from interent that will take
>the smallest space,Maybe if I import picture, then copy it from
>screen to shape is better then copy/paste directly to shapes area?
> Which type of pict is better?
>Is there a way to minimize the size of the file?
> thanks, Zehava Wizman

Hello Zehava,

usually images borrowed from the www aren't large in file size.
However, it's bit of a tradeoff, that is you'll lose image quality to
make a smaller project. If you're using any other version besides
EX, paste the image into you work area, scale it down (selecting and
dragging the handles) and then copy and paste that image into your
Shape Center. Double click it in the Shape center, then select and
drag the handles to make it larger. The result will be an image with
less quality, although it will keep the size of your project down to
a minimum.

If you're using MicroWorlds EX, you should use the Personal folder
found in the Graphics folder in your MicroWorlds EX directory.
Simply place any images that you intend to use into the Personal
folder. Under the MicroWorlds File menu, select Import/Picture,
navigate to your Personal folder and select the image. These images
remain independent from your project so they won't increase the size
of your project. Just keep in mind that if you want your project to
be portable, you'll have to include your Personal folder.

Please don't hesitate to write me back with any other questions.

Shawn

>Yahoo! Mail
>Bring photos to life!
>New