To: <mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MIA, Ask an Expert: fillit
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 10:05:38 -0500

Sorry, I let one of my students write to you. I will try to elaborate. I have
also attached two files game 1 and game 2. The kids are making a game similar
to fillit. That is where you draw a square and then it fills in.
http://ww3.freearcade.com/Fillit.jav/Fillit.html this is the original game.
Game 1
They are controlling the turtle with the keyboard and have a button that has
fill as the command. They were wanting a bounce procedure that will change
direction when it hits. They are using

to bounce

if heading = 0 seth 180

if heading = 180 seth 0

if heading = 270 seth 90

if heading = 90 seth 270

end

I know it needs to be some type of if/then procedure but, I am unsure as to
how to advise them.

Game 2

This is a different Fillit game. When it fills the outside of the square fills
instead of the inside. How could they correct this?

Thanks so much for your help. Jill and students

Jill Lutz
Computer Technology
Pleasant Ridge Middle School
913.239.5750