To: mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: problem with comparing shapes
From: "Daniel Ajoy" <dajoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 15:09:33 -0500

On 16 May 2006 at 12:14, zehava wizman wrote:

> Hello forum!
>
> I think my problems with my E-mail finished. Now I see the forum
> messages.
>
> The project attaced is a temp to find if 3 shapes are equal. I
> succedded to do it in different way ( entering the random shape
> selected in variable and compare it), but I find the command t1's
> "shape is much easier.
>
> Why doesn't it work?
>
> thanks, Zehava

Hi Zehava,

This is not being parsed as you suppose:

(and t1's "shape = t2's shape t2's "shape = t3's "shape)

This is being parsed by the computer this way:

(and (t1's ("shape = (t2's shape))) (t2's ("shape = (t3's "shape))))

Also you are confusing "if" with "when". Remember this picture?

http://mia.openworldlearning.org/mwforum/msg00388/if-when.gif

Daniel

PD. This attachment is 10% of the size of your attachment because
your project had a pattern for background.

OpenWorld Learning
http://www.openworldlearning.org