To: mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Fencing in a Turtle
From: "Gail Garthwait" <abigail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 17:08:21 -0400

Thank you for sending the directions about how to draw with the turtle by
clicking and dragging the turtle!!   Now the student wants to know how to keep
the turtle from going too far.  I can't see any solution but I wondered if
anyone out there in
MW land can?

Gail
gail_garthwait@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

==============If you try out the attached sample,
1) click the start/stop button and click on the turtle to show the ink
2) try sending the turtle to the very far left, or very far right, or way up
or down while he's drawing, and it makes a heck of a mess.

How can I keep my turtle from going too far in any direction, especially when
the turtle is being controlled by a user, without messing up the program and
its purpose?

If it's possible, I would like my turtle to stay in the following area:

-360 < xcor < +360
-200 < ycor < +200

Any ideas?