To: mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: MIA, Ask an Expert: upload projects to freewebs
From: "Daniel Ajoy" <da.ajoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 23:54:12 -0500

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 20:45:10 -0500, <askanexpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> This is an automatic message sent from the web form at:
> http://mia.openworldlearning.org/mwforum.htm
>
> from: Lightrune46 <Animerune@xxxxxxxxx>
> date: Tue Jan 13 18:45:10 2009
> platform: PC
> version: MicroWorlds Ex
>
> How do you upload MW Ex projects to freewebs? (in detailed steps please)

I don't think you can because I don't see how you can upload arbitrary files
to your web site there. Can you upload files with extension mwx?? I couldn't
figure out how.

I was going to tell you the following, until I realized that.

Well first you have to do what the MicroWorlds Help says, here:

file:///C:/Program%20Files/LCSI/MicroWorlds%20EX/Help/MWTopics/moretechniques/moretechniques_sharing3.htm

Creating a Project for Posting on the Web

First, take into account the recommendations in the topic Tips for Creating
Projects on the Web (project size and primitives that you can't use) and
Embedded or Linked Media Files. You must save your project as a normal project
before you can make the special web version. Make sure your project is
perfectly debugged before posting it.

Next, choose Create HTML Template from the File menu. When creating an HTML
template, MicroWorlds EX asks you to specify a location for saving the mwx and
html files. These files must be saved in the same folder. On most operating
systems, the dialog box allows you to browse and create a new folder for
saving the files in. In some others (Windows 98), you must create the folder
yourself, prior to this operation.

When saving a project as an HTML template, MicroWorlds EX creates two files
with the same name and different extensions (for example.: MyProject.mwx and
MyProject.html). It also copies into that folder any media files that are
required to run your project.

But instead of doing the last step

copy what is between the body BODY tags in the created HTML file (open it with
notepad):

for example

<DIV ALIGN="center">
<OBJECT classid="CLSID:BD31C421-1DD7-4D61-8595-C7C695D65C2F" width="744"
height="426">
  <PARAM name="URL" value="myproj.mwx">
  <EMBED src="myproj.mwx" type="application/x-mwx-plugin"
pluginspage="http://www.lcsi.ca/webplayer"; width="744" height="426"></EMBED>
</OBJECT>
</DIV>

and paste it in the area provided for raw HTML (image attached)