To: mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Trying to fix this game
From: "Daniel Ajoy" <da.ajoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 23:01:39 -0500

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 16:32:19 -0500, Boyd, Ronald <Ronald.Boyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Having problems with page 3 and ask an expert does not allow the needed
> attachment to see what the problem is.
> We have multiple problems...
> It seems that at times the arrows that help provide direction move at random
> to the spaceship even though frozen.

Ronald,

I did't understand this bug. Or I couldn't replicate it. I think you are
saying the turtles dressed up as arrows start moving.

> Also at random the ufo's seem to fire as missiles.

The code

to missile2
st setpos ask "spaceship "pos
seth 0
st clickon
end

needs to be more specific:

You should say:
ask "missile2 "missile2

in the code of button Fire2. There, you are asking the turtle called
"missile2" to carry out the procedure "missile2".

> We also have a condition in the ifelse when we don't want anything to happen
> if the statement is not true.

The only visible ifelse I found was:

to whoareyou
ifelse ( or
touchedturtle = "ufo1
touchedturtle = "ufo2
touchedturtle = "ufo3
touchedturtle = "ufo4
touchedturtle = "ufo5
touchedturtle = "ufo6) [zapped] [eat]
end

are you talking about that one?

If you have a condition "when you don't want anything to happen if the
statement is not true."

I guess you are interested in that condition because you want *something* to
happen if the condition is true.

Therefore, just say:

if YOURSTATEMENT [thing that DOES happen]

or

when [YOURSTATEMENT] [thing that DOES happen]

with that "if" (or "when") command nothing happens if YOURSTATEMENT is not
true.