To: mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Battleship Game
From: "Daniel Ajoy" <da.ajoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 14:26:46 -0500

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 12:48:17 -0500, Dawn Young <youngd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> At first, we were trying to change the shape of one turtle to be the
> different size ships, but the programming doesn't make sense to me in
> that case:

Curious, It is hard for me to imagine how having a ship composed of different
turtles would help you.

> how would you determine the placement of the ships,

You could determine where they were placed by using a "probe" turtle that,
when placed in a cell, touches (or doen't touch) the ship/turtle

> the size
> of the ships, and monitor the hits without it being multiple turtles?

If each ship is just a turtle, then you would have different shapes for
different ships.

I'm sending you a sample project

> I am trying to reason the steps out before we try writing the program.

That is an excelent habit.