To: mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: MIA, Ask an Expert: stop everything but me
From: "Daniel Ajoy" <da.ajoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 19:56:25 -0500

> This is an automatic message sent from the web form at:
> http://mia.openworldlearning.org/howdoi.htm
>
> from: Laurence <BigBlueLaurence@xxxxxxxxx>
> date: Wed May 13 07:39:21 2009
> platform: PC
> version: MicroWorlds Ex
>
> Is there any way to stop everything but the procedure that is running the
> stop-everything-but-me command? It's just something that would be very nice to
know.

Hi Laurence,

You are confusing procedures with processes.

A procedure is a recipe with a name. The way MicroWorlds carries out that
recipe is from the top to the bottom. That is called the execution flow.

But a recipe can specify that two things must happen at the same time, thus
splitting the execution flow, when that happens two "processes" are started,
each one with its own execution flow.

The commands to stop processes are: stopme, cancel and clickoff

If each of your processes was started by "clickon", then you can use the
"clickoff.other" procedure below:

to clickoff.other :me
; clickoff other turtles but not me
everyone [if not :me = who [clickoff]]
end

And example of how to use it is attached.

PS. I enjoyed answering this question very much.