To: "LogoForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <LogoForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, MWForum <mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, tom_a_sparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: programming game use logo
From: "Daniel Ajoy" <da.ajoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 11:25:51 -0500

> Posted by: "Tom Sparks"
> Wed Aug 4, 2010 7:48 am (PDT)
>

> I have bouncing around the idea of writing a programming game[1] use logo
>
> Are there any points you can give?
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programming_game

I was interested in the topic, also. Here is a a screenshot of a little puzzle
game I created in MicroWorlds and another with very basic instructions called
BotGam.

Below is what I wrote to the list years back.

Daniel

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/ai-repository/ai/areas/robotics/systems/pcrobots/

On 25 Jun 01, at 12:31, LogoForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Robot Wars, and Battlebots have become very popular.
>
> An aspect which is more fascinating to me personally, is downloaded,
> autonomous robots,

I would like to see a microworld programmed in Logo similar
to PCRobots (we are talking software robots here):

PCROBOTS V1.3 By P.D.Smith (psmithb@CIX) 1992
Introduction

PCROBOTS is an adaptation of CROBOTS by Tom Poindexter. This
version has more features, and allows for much more
intelligent robots. It is not limited to any particular
language; C, Pascal,Compiled Basic, 8086 Assembler etc are
all possible. The only limitation is that it must be run on
an IBM PC Compatible.

[...]

Hardware Requirements
How to run PCROBOTS
Errorlevel values