To: "MicroWorlds Forum" <mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: wait only for some turtles
From: "Daniel Ajoy" <da.ajoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 15:23:32 -0500

On Sun, 09 Jan 2011 08:43:16 -0500, zehava wizman <zehavawi1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello forum!
How can I do that only one procedure will stop its job for some seconds,while other turtles will continue their jobs? The file attachedis Packman game. The need is when packman touched the four power ball (turtles names are power1 till power4)' it will get off the ability of the ghost turtles to stop the game, and stop the ability of packman to eat the little balls, only for wait 100. In Whoareyou procedure,I activates GivePower procedure,but the wait influnce on packman too. I want Packman will continue its job.How can I do it?
thanks, zehava

instead of

if (ask touchedturtle [speices]) = "eateble [givepower]

try:

if (ask touchedturtle [speices]) = "eateble [launch [givepower]]

LAUNCH creates a new separate process which, after it is started, runs independently.