To: "MicroWorlds Forum" <mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MIA, Ask an Expert: Is there a way to make a "back" button?
From: "Daniel Ajoy" <da.ajoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 16:18:32 -0500

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 15:52:33 -0500, Spencer Shifrin <frydhamstr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here is better wording. Say I made a page that can be accessed (lets call this "pageX" for clarity) from any other page using buttons (a button is instructed to go to this page, and one of these buttons are on every other page), I want to put a button on pageX that works like the "back" button on a browser, so if i accessed pageX from page1, the "back" button would take me to page1, if i came from page2, the button will take me back to page2, and so on.

You need to make the computer remember where it came from. For remembering stuff you use variable-like things. Variables, for example :)

You also need to figure out how to get the "current" page.

But I just found this gem in the Help:

pagelist

Reports a list containing the names of all the pages in the current project. The first name reported by pagelist is always the current page. The remaining pages in the project are listed alphabetically.