To: "MicroWorlds Forum" <mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MIA, Ask an Expert: Reacting to the clone of a certain turtle
From: "Daniel Ajoy" <da.ajoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 22:52:48 -0500

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 22:40:22 -0500, Griffin <swanson6748g@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am using clone "turtle to clone both the bullet and enemy. There are
multiple
clones of both on the page simultaneously. However, I think I've solved the
problem by renaming the clones of the enemies using a different letter than
't'.
That way, it can check for whether it says 't' before the number or the
other,
generic letter.

Good idea!

Also, this procedure is like "clone" except that it returns the name of the new clone created:

to clone.name :turtle
clone :turtle
output last get (first pagelist) "turtles
end

Let's say you have a turtle called "bullet" and another called "t2".

This creates a clone of bullet and shows you the name it used:

show clone.name "bullet
t1

If I run it again:

show clone.name "bullet