To: MicroWorlds Forum <mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MIA, Ask an Expert: OWL
From: Spencer Shifrin <frydhamstr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 18:27:27 -0800

I think I might have it. All you have to do is make a black background (or
at least black where you want the light to be) and freeze the color. Then
put a turtle over it that is yellow (name this one t1, it will be your
"light"), go to it's "Rules" tab, and put "t1, ht" (without quotes) in it's
"clickon" bar. Make sure the turtle covers the black as precisely as
possible (i find it easier to make the turtle first, then the black
background after, this would be faster and easier for me). Then, make your
light switch a turtle (doesn't matter what it's name is, give it a
lightswitch shape) and put it off to the side for now. After this, put the
following procedure in the project procedure
tab:
lightswitch
ifelse get "t1 "on? [clickoff]
[clickon]
end
After this, put this in the light switch's "Clickon" bar:     t1
[lightswitch]     This may not work, as i have not tried it myself, but if
it doesn't tell me and ill figure something else out (but first try putting
in "t1, st" instead of "t1, ht" in t1's clickon bar). Hope this helps. This
is my first time helping someone so some feedback would be very appreciated.
Thanks.

--
Double facepalm.
When the fail is so strong, one facepalm is not enough.