To: MWForum <mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MIA, Ask an Expert: answer having more than one word
From: "Daniel Ajoy" <da.ajoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 22:27:43 -0500

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 21:58:59 -0500, Susan Weiss <sweiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here is what I did. See below. Now my next task is if there are three possible answers.

to quiz6
question [Ben has 8 cookies. He eats 3. Some have chocolate chip and some raisins. What kind of cookies could he have eaten if both kind were eaten?]

ifelse or answer = "|2 chocolate chips and 1 raisins| answer = "|1 chocolate chip and 2 raisins|
[announce [That's right!] 	]
[announce [Wrong answer! Try again.]]
end

You can say:

ifelse member? answer [
 |2 chocolate chips and 1 raisins|
 |1 chocolate chip and 2 raisins|
] [announce [That's right!]]
  [announce [Wrong answer! Try again.]]

where "..." are other alternatives

Using OR, you can also say:

ifelse (or
 answer = "|2 chocolate chips and 1 raisins|
 answer = "|1 chocolate chip and 2 raisins|
 answer = ...