To: MWForum <mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MIA, Ask an Expert: using lists to generate random questions
From: "Daniel Ajoy" <da.ajoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 23:37:22 -0500

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 22:52:40 -0500, Susan Weiss <sweiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My students made 15 questions so I used excel and generated the list of combinations. There is really 75 questions since there are 15 per grade for K-5. I am just going to print out the three choices and make 15 stars to select the question for each grade and each star goes to a different question. Thanks again.
Susan

Oh, there is a shuffling procedure here:

http://mia.openworldlearning.org/mwforum/msg02402.html

I adapted it to what I think are your needs.

the procedure "use.first.in.text2" takes the first line of text in the text box text2 and runs it (supposing that that first line is the name of a procedure).

I think you can even hide those text boxes, or place them in a different page.