To: "MicroWorlds Forum" <mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MIA, Ask an Expert: Shape awareness
From: "Daniel Ajoy" <da.ajoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 10:03:01 -0500

from: Igor Flikshteyn <hazelbluebuilder@xxxxxxx>
date: Fri May 20 05:13:16 2011
platform: PC
version: MicroWorlds 2.03

If two shapes colide on the screen, are they aware of each other. How can I know that one shape collided with another and at what point. For example, if the turtle hits square, how can I know the exact position of the collision on the outside perimeter of the square?

If by "shapes" you mean: pictures with which you dress the turtle using the

setsh

command. Then yes.

You can detect collisions with:

if touching "t1 "t2 [...]

for example:

if touching "t1 "t2 [show ask "t1 [pos]]

which shows the position of t1 at the time of collision with t2.