To: "MicroWorlds Forum" <mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MIA, Ask an Expert: Hangman source code help and/or review
From: "Daniel Ajoy" <da.ajoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 10:14:24 -0500

from: Anthony <anthonytrdr@xxxxxxxxx>
date: Sun Jun  5 23:30:00 2011

I've been making a hangman game per-usual the lesson, and ive stumbled uppon a block that i can't seem to get past. i cant seem to figure out how to program the game so that when a turtle is clicked (instead of typing the variable, the turtle is a physical representation of that variable: "a,b,c,d, ect"), the value that is given is transfered into a text box(text box1/2/3/4/5/6 depending on the word) if it is found to be correct and if not, placed into another, final text box(text box7 a list of incorrect answers) I had reviewed your previous answers to hangman problems and solutions, however no question of this type has been asked yet. a list of vocabulary words im curious to see that might work for this problem are: "Listen","wait", and/or "everyone"
thanks in advance

ps. If you'd like me to email you a screenshot and copy of my program to get an idea as to what im asking please let me know.

I attached a sample project. After opening, you'll noticed that it tells you in the Commands area which word it was selected.

Click on the turtle corresponding to the "A", the other turtles don't work yet.

The program should mark all the As in the selected word.

I used the vocabulary word "item"