To: MWForum <mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Hello / MW question
From: "Daniel Ajoy" <da.ajoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 21:44:00 -0500

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 17:47:32 -0500, Jean Stringer <sjbjeanmarie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://mia.openworldlearning.org/howdoi/hmz.htm

The projects there are:

http://mia.openworldlearning.org/howdoi/removeturtles3.mw2
http://mia.openworldlearning.org/howdoi/removeturtles2.mw2

Hi Daniel,
First I wished these programs could be downloaded so I could try to figure out how they work. Then I would know more to show my students. :) I was searching for how to remove most of the turtles. I do not find a way to remove all but t1 and t2. I realize now to remove all then hatch t1 and t2 again. Then again I used clone to make more turtles, not he hatchturtle
procedure.

If you know their name, you can say

ask [t3 t4 t5] [remove who]

With the following you can get a list of the turtles in page1:

show get "page1 "turtles
t1 t2 t3 t4 t5

It would be nice to have a command that does "set" difference like:

show diff [a b c d] [c b]
d a

so you could do:

show diff (get "page1 "turtles) [t1 t2]
t5 t4 t3

and then:

ask (diff (get "page1 "turtles) [t1 t2]) [remove who]

or simply:

ask diff (get "page1 "turtles) [t1 t2] [remove who]

And here it is... one possible implementation of "diff"

to diff :la :lb
  let [lc []]
  dolist [item :la] [
   if not member? :item :lb [
    make "lc fput :item :lc
   ]
  ]
  output :lc

I tried to do one of your projects from the text you have on the page, but I had an error, that is why I said to be able to download would make things easier. YET thanks for all you do for MW. I love doing what I do with kids. I know they may not do wonder things, but I have 9 kids coming after school working on their own ideas. The more I can show the more ideas they may have.
               Jean