To: "MicroWorlds Forum" <mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MIA, Ask an Expert: Shuffle Turtles Randomly but in order
From: "Daniel Ajoy" <da.ajoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 11:02:53 -0500

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 09:21:26 -0500, <askanexpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am teaching kids how to make a matching APP. They have 10 turtles on the screen with matching pairs and to make the game fun and varied they want to shuffle their place on the screen. They suffle just fine but don't keep their place since I am randomly putting them all over the screen. How do I line them up after they have been moved around the screen.
This is the code I am using to shuffle them:
everyone[setsh 11  seth   random   360
fd   random    9999   wait   1]
Shape 11 is the cover card for the cards.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Rod Hames

Hi Rod,

I don't understand. You want to shuffle the cards but then you want them lined up (unshuffled?)

Or is is that you want to shuffle the cards in such a way that they appear in neat rows and columns?