To: "MicroWorlds Forum" <mwforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MIA, Ask an Expert: Shuffle Turtles Randomly but in order
From: "Daniel Ajoy" <da.ajoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 14:33:40 -0500

I just want them in neat rows and not all over the screen and some even on top of each other.

Thanks,

Use something like shuffle.nice attached

gen.pair generates suitable coordinate pairs.

find.pair reports only pairs not already used.
I use the variable "used" to store the pairs of coordinates already used by other turtles.

that way, shuffle.nice places each turtle in a different good pair of coordinates.